Date Field Error.

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:34 AM
When trying to use the batch edit I get a message "Unfortunately there was an error updating the items with the provided values, a system administrator can use the message below to check upon this error, please provide them with it.
List data validation failed." (repeats this last line once each for item I attempt to change)

It comes on all subsites except for one. I have done extensive testing, eliminating individual columns, changing the regional settings on the sub sites to US (it was and should be set to Australia) and even created library templates and re-deployed in other subsites (it still does not work in the other subsites)

It is my understanding that the regional settings issue had been corrected. (I downloaded/deployed this after this resolution)

Can anybody assist with this issue?
Nov 13, 2013 at 5:44 AM
The column validation code I have entered is
=AND([Review Date 6 months]>=TODAY(),[Review Date 6 months]<=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+6,DAY(TODAY())))
this enforces a date after today's and no more than 6 months from here

as previously discussed it works in some libraries but not others.

When I remove the validation it works, although I removing this pemanently is not an option.
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Could you please elaborate a bit more on the settings on web that is working, does it has different regional settings, or does the library has different settings. We never tested it with validation before, so that might be a thingy..
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2013 at 7:47 AM
I just released a new version where I tested some field validation myself. There was a small error with DateTime fields that whenever they had no previous value the batch edit couldn't update them, I assume that was the root cause of this problem as well, could you download the new version and test it? I have the field validation as posted working in a English only setup. If it is not please provide the regional settings and library settings and column settings as far as they are applicable (default values etc).
Marked as answer by appieschot on 11/18/2013 at 11:46 PM
Nov 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I have updated to the new version and it is now working.
Thankyou so much for your help.
-PJ
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Good to hear that it is all working, if there is anything else not working as expected let me know!