Content Type related fields

Jun 7, 2011 at 7:51 PM

This solution is the answer to our prayers, but have we a few challenges, the first of which I suspect is permission based somewhere but I should also point out that Content Types are being Publish from a Hub:

  1. We don't appear to be able to enter new data into the Managed Metadata field that is populated from the Term Store via the Content Type.
  2. We have Retention Policies associated with our Content Types but unfortunatley the Expiration Date field isn't one touched by the Batch Edit - can we add fields to the Batch edit?

Many thanks.

Jun 8, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Hello,

 

  1. What appears to be the problem exactly?  Do you see the field on the Batch Edit form?  What kind of error do you get?
  2. You can fix this issue by adding a custom Expiration Date field to your list.  Is it a Document Library list or a Custom List?  Do you use a SharePoint content type or did you created one yourself? I just changed the code a little so you also can force a field to be displayed on the Batch Edit form.  If you have a SP developer in your team, this powershell script may help you with that. (Latest fix in code can be found under 'Source Control' tab)

 

$web = get-spweb "..."
$list = $web.Lists["Library"]
$field = $list.Fields["..."]
$field.ShowInEditForm
$field.ShowInEditForm = $True
$field.Update();
$field.ShowInEditForm

 

Good Luck!

Jun 8, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Edited Jun 8, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate that CodePlex projects are for the most part unsupported solutions and my appologies for not elabortaing in my initial post;

All of the Content Types are custom and published out from a Syndication Hub. The content types match 1-on-1 with Document Libraries of the same name, the default Docuement Content Type is deleted so all docs loaded into libraries inherrit the custom content type. The retention policy which creates the Expiration Date field is also set in the Syndication Hub to enable enterprise retention policies to be managed across the SP solution.

Ive packaged up the latest source code and a date field I'd mannually added is now showing up in the form, the PS Script also works a charm.

Thanks again