Can't batch edit within a document set on specific sites?

Jul 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I've run into a weird issue: for several document libraries on several different site collections I'm unable to batch edit the documents within a document set. The "Batch Edit" ribbon button simply doesn't show up in the ribbon as expected.

Other, similarly-structured libraries that have been created more recently don't seem to exhibit the same issue so I'm really scratching my head on this one.

Is there any sort of view or library configuration that would effect whether or not that ribbon button appears? I've already tried turning the feature off & back on - no change.
Jul 11, 2013 at 2:55 PM
The button gets attached to the 'item' contenttype (0x01) so it should be vissible on all lists or libraries; I would have no clue on why it wouldn't show. Could you post some specifics; like what kind of contenttypes you are using in the libraries and site collections, so I can try to reconstruct the issues?
Jul 11, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Sure thing & thanks for the response.

The content types are based off of Document Set & Document content types, all published from a content type hub.

The site itself is based off of the Document Center template, library is just a plain 'ol Document Library.