Solution Version History

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Hi, Does SP 2010 Batch Edit have a version history?
Mar 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM
There have been quite some versions in the past 1-2 years. We tried them all.
In the beginning working, but with some errors.
Later working, but without content type edit and ability to hide some fields from editing.(for example those used in background for content routing Hidden metadata fields)
In the last couple of months(4), it had a script error which made it unusable for most. Some people could use it once and after that it gave a script error and would start.

Now we are in need for a good batch edit, which supports multible values in one metadata field.(harmon'ie doesn't).
Batch edit from Qipoint will not install.('licence key expired' is the error. Chris from Qipoint doesn't come with a good answer)..
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM
These issues should have been fixed, and the current version should be working propperly
Marked as answer by appieschot on 11/13/2013 at 2:17 AM
Nov 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM
@appieschot
Thanks for the reply. Even after some months.
We found an alternative solution in 'MultiEdit' from Aptentis which works quite well. It cost a little, but not the world. So far it works flawless and even has a progress indicator that actually works.
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Thanks I didn't know that they had a tool (looks they only have a Dutch version though ;-)).
Nov 13, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Edited Nov 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Now that you mentioned it, I just checked for you. My mysite is in English and the options in the tool are in English there as well. The latest version is 1.2 and we use this version.
So it appears it adapts to the language setting in SharePoint.